I have done Ph. D. from IIT Bombay on a research problem “Rational Design and Synthesis of Molecular and Extended Zinc Phosphates: Insights into Mechanism of their Formation” Under supervision of the renowned inorganic chemist Prof. R. Murugavel.
Our group is working in the broader domain of supramolecular chemistry using crystal engineering approach for understanding supramolecular aggregation/recognition and development of novel smart materials. Of recent we have started to work in the areas:
i) development of organic semiconductors
ii) tuning the emission/white light generation through crystal engineering in organic cocrystals
iii) crystal engineering methods to modulate physicochemical and pharmacokinetic properties of extant drugs
iv) development of molecular sensors
v) understanding role of kinetic and thermodynamic factors governing molecular packing.
1. Early career research Award 2017
2. INSA Visiting Scientist Fellow 2018
3. Emerging Investigator-Crystal Growth & Design (ACS)-2020
4. INSA-Visiting Fellow-IISER Kolkata (2021-22)
5. Outstanding Reviewer-CrystEnggComm (RSC)-2021
6. Emerging Investigator-Crystal Growth & Design (ACS)-2022